Tuesday, April 17, 2012

D.i. double rr. T..........



If for no other reason you don't know if you should start mountain biking...... do it for the mud, the dirt, you know.... do it for your complexion!!  Okay maybe I'm kidding.... do it because you will have alot of fun!  That's what Erin and I were up to on Sunday.  Once the rain moved through in the morning, we were able to enjoy the warm temps and a clear sky in the afternoon.  Our travels took us from road, gravel, Kensington Park,  Island Lake Rec., and surrounding areas.  With Island Lake being rather sandy we assumed the mud would be minimal.  Turns out the trails were a bit slick, and there were many puddles but the overall trail condition was rideable and so much fun.   



I know it's been a few weeks since I updated my blog and I tried to remember what I have been up to.  It really all seems like a blur...... I have been a tad busy I guess! 
Aside from gettin' "d.i.double rr.T", here's a few other highlights:

1. Balance - family, kids sports, work, bike
2. MTB News - Willow Rockwell retires from MTB
3. Read - My Wheels Gave Me Wings (by Willow Rockwell)
4. Celebrated - Easter and ate a ridiculous amount of food/chocolate
5. Rode - In the wind, the rain, the warmth, the mud and with my awesome teamie!
6. Followed - The elusive Essex County cougar reports/updates. (I am out biking and like to keep track where people are seeing this feline. #avoidconfrontation)
7. Entertainment - Attended the "Giro Di CioCiaro - An Evening Of sport and Fashion"
8. Made - More leather cuffs/bracelets
9. Watched - My daughter and 2 younger boys play soccer, and my oldest son play badminton
10. Cooked - New recipes from Clean Eating Magazine
11. Crossed - The Canada/USA border 8 times!
12. TV - Canada vs USA Women's Hockey World Championship Game - Canada wins in OT!
13. Broke - My Garmin bike computer
14. Realized - Specialized Jett saddle is designed differently now :(
15. New - Kits are in and they are "wicked" :)
16. Excited - My 2012 race season is about to start

Life is good!
Cheers,
Sue



2 comments: