Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Great times with my teamy.................

January 7, 2012 - January 8, 2012.....

Another year as team-mates!!  :) 


I had never been to a roller derby and to be quite honest I really didn't know what to expect.  I envisioned ladies on rollerskates combined with dodge ball play (if that makes sense)!! lol  Well I was partially right and obviously not about the ball!!  I quickly got an update on rules by Erin and Elisha was kind enough to interpret the program for me!  The derby score was a blow out but it was a real cool experience.  Though it is unlikely I would ever participate I may go back to watch another battle!!


I spent the night at Erins and after a good night's sleep, we had breakfast and got out rolling...... on the bikes of course!!  The weather was awesome!  At one point in the ride we could see what looked like horses out on the dirt road ahead of us.  As we got closer it became apparent that they were not horses at all!!  They were lama's out for a walk with their owner's.  They graciously let us take pictures and then we were off pedalling again.

The 2012 team is looking different this year!!  Stay tuned for an update on the exciting news!!

Cheers,

Sue


No comments:

Post a Comment