Friday, December 9, 2011

Balance........

The weather was less than stellar but I had a need, a want, to get out and ride.  I had only been on my bike once since Iceman and that was for the cross race at Bloomer.  November was a very busy month which included a move (house) on Nov. 1.  Since then it was Iceman, packing, unpacking, decorating, and the list goes on, not to mention everyday stuff such as raising 4 kids!  After a long race season I usually take time off because I need a break, but this year it was time off to get stuff done!  In the midst of all this "controlled chaos", as I like to call it, I lost a bit of balance.  I didn't realize it because I was so busy, but then it crept up on me.  I was not resting well, muscles were tired, couldn't turn my brain off and my body was in overdrive!  As exciting as all the happenings going on in my life is, I was starting to teeter.  I woke up this morning, after a restless night's sleep, feeling motivated and wanting to get on my bike.  I often preach to "listen to your body", and that's exactly what I did!  After some stretching, a quick core and upper body workout I put my layers on.  Leaving the comfort of my toasty Acorn slippers I got on my Quiring and rode!

 Heading out!

 The only sign of a "rolling hill" around!


The sky was gray, roads wet, winds out of the south east, a light snow and fresh air!

 Came back to a coffee and warmth! Cozy!

Bike shoes off and slippers back on!!

It wasn't a very long ride but it cleared my mind.  It was exactly what I needed to restore balance.  Ahhhhhhhh........

Cheers,
Sue

1 comment: