Monday, March 14, 2011

Another bikeSABBATH......

My phone alarm went off at 7:30 am or should I say 8:30 am on Sunday! I forgot about the time change, good thing it was the phone alarm that I set. I don't like the idea of losing an hour but I do like the idea of an extra hour of daylight!  I got out of bed, let the dog out, made coffee, made breakfast, got ready, packed my bike bag, dropped the kids of at my parents and arrived at Kim's (15 min. from home) by 10:15 am! We car pooled to the meeting parking lot for the bikeSABBATH WRCS ride.

This was only my 3rd bikeSABBATH ride of the year. There has been 16 rides this year and my attendance as you can see has been poor! However, the overall participation for the Sunday rides has been great! The group has been consistently getting out 20+ riders and the weather has not always been very kind to them.

This Sunday drew similar numbers and the weather was comfortable, overcast but dry!  We headed down back roads, paved and dirt, most of the time I had no idea where we were.  I just rode and at times engaged in some friendly trash talking!  :o)  All in good fun.  There was only one flat to report, courtesy of Mrs. Kim!!  We had stopped at a convenient store, refilled our drinks, had a snack and once we were about to get moving again, she looked down to see a deflated front tire!!  Of course everyone gives Pak the ol' "husband come fix the tire" shout out!  So he stepped up to it and in true team fashion a couple of guys pitched in.  It takes a village........  ;o)  So back on track, we rolled on! 

What a fun ride.  Fresh air does the body good! 

Cheers,
Sue 

No comments:

Post a Comment