Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Path The Less Traveled..........

In the middle of the week I was getting frustrated with the cooooold and windy weather.  I just wanted to close my eyes and wish it away!  Any effort/ride I did was indoors.  I had no desire to get my layers on and ride outside.  That says alot because I am not a "trainer" kind of gal!  As the weekend was approaching I had some longer endurance rides scheduled.  How was I going to get myself out of this "it's too cold out there" slump??  Mother nature, that's how!!


(The group!)

Erin and I sent out an open invitation on the Team FB page, to all women with mountain bikes that wanted to join us (Team Quiring) for our 3 hour ride on Saturday.  We got some great interest, but with only a couple days notice, many already had plans.  None-the-less, there ended up being 5 of us!  Erin and I met up with, Heather, Jamie and Jennifer at the Tree Farm.  The weather was perfect!!  Seriously beautiful winter weather riding!  With the newly fallen snow on Friday the trails were totally covered.  Erin had checked out the trail earlier in the week and knew it had a solid base, no ice!  We had F-U-N!  We even did a couple laps of the pump track!  In the end (although I have no pics to prove it, darn it) we all managed to eat snow... a.k.a wipeout!!  A 3 hour ride has never gone by so quickly!  Great day in the saddle!


(Jamie working the pump track on her fat bike!!)

(Trail through the pines at Tree Farm)

I had another endurance ride planned for today.  I hopped on the Greenway (rail trail) and pedaled.  For the most part there had been little traffic on the trail and I was able to ride on virgin snow.  The path the less traveled was the best line to take!! :)  I made  my way through Lasalle on back roads and eventually to Windsor for a couple laps around Malden park.  I soon headed to the Novelletto Center (at MicMac Park) where my daughter had an indoor soccer game.  Talk about being efficient with my time.  I like the idea of a destination ride.  I like the idea of a vacation destination to ride even better!  :)

Cheers,
Sue

(The Greenway with no end in sight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment