Monday, February 4, 2013

Silence.........

My training came to a halt after 3.5 weeks of good efforts.  I caught some crazy a** bug that was going around.  For me it was headaches, 4 days of hacking cough, burning throat and fever.  Being sidelined from physical activity drives me nuts.  However, I know that fever and chest infection = zero exercise.... that's just the rule.  Regardless of what the training schedule says, you can do more damage than good if you don't listen to your body and let it heal.  Almost forcing myself to rest and sleep made me more restless and sleep deprived.  Everything echoed, and rattled.  Today, I finally feel like I'm on the mend.  I bundled up and got out for a hike.  The fresh air was so great!!


There was very little wind and the big/huge snow flakes were falling straight down.  My boots were squeaking in the fresh snow.  It was so quiet outside.  The silence was awesome.
  

There were barely any animal tracks in the snow through the woods, which is very unusual.






 I enjoy hikes, but clearly I had something else on my mind as I played in the snow!!

Cheers,
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment