Sunday, February 20, 2011

Eagle Eyes...................


With the temperature near 10 degrees Celsius, I got outside to ride on Friday! The first time all winter that my toes stayed warm! Mind you I put on a pair of thin wool socks, chemical heat warmers, winter riding boots and booties! That may seem like overkill to some, but for me it was perfect!

I went down some back concessions and then made my way down Cty Rd 50 (it's the lake road, running parallel with Lake Erie). There it was in mid flight, the amazing bald eagle! I have been lucky capturing some pretty awesome wildlife on my bike rides, but the bald eagle for me takes the cake!! I am mesmerized by this bird. I watched as it took perch in a nearby tree. It remained there unimpressed with me as I dismounted my bike and walked under it. Wow, so beautiful! The image of this bird remained vividly in my mind as I plugged away against a crazy strong headwind home! Nature at it's finest!

Cheers,

Sue
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment