Sunday, November 21, 2010

Taking it in "stride"........................

The bike has been semi put away for a few weeks (to be taken out for fun rides) and the training has shifted to maintaining! 
I am my own coach, my own guinea pig and my harshest critic.  I get grumpy when I am not doing some type of physical activity.  After each season I evaluate everything I need to improve on and having a more well rounded fitness is a must.  I tend to function best when I'm on the bike because my body gets used to that position and I ache when I walk or attempt to run!  So a couple days ago I took it in stride!  I put the ipod on and headed out for a brisk walk.  A slower pace then what I'm used to.  That slower pace let me take in everything around me.  I felt energized and found myself looking up at the sky something I really couldn't do on my bike.  I looked at my shadow and I thought it was odd, there was something missing.  No wheels, no pedals, no frame, no bike!  Just my 2 legs, my arms, my body!  I finally realized that I can let go of my focus for a moment, not evaluate how my body feels, not look at my heart rate or check my speed, I can just be.  I am recharging, exactly what I needed.
I look at my bike and smile.  Ya, ya my walk is refreshing but my bike takes me to places my walk doesn't and to speeds that leave me wanting more.

Cheers,
Sue  

No comments:

Post a Comment