Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Addison Oaks Fall Classic

At this point in my season my focus is to maintain my fitness and have fun with the few races that I have left.  The Addison Oaks Fall Classic (promoted by MMBA) fell well within that.  Great weather, awesome, fast, flowing course (thanks to the endless trail maintenance of Pauly), good competition and to top things off I got to line up next to my teamy, Erin!! 

I was happy to see that the women's field had 7 racers!!  At go I grabbed the holeshot, we stayed in single file until we hit the first section of single track and then I was able to pull away from the field.  I was having alot of fun just riding the trails that the racing aspect was a bonus!!

The final result went as follows:
1st - Me (Bells/Quiring
2nd -Erin Vicary (Bells/Quiring
3rd - Tara Jansen (Farm Team Racing) 

Cheers,

Sue

Side note #1 - Our teammate Jason Lummis is recovering at home.  He is dealing with alot of pain but remains positive.  I hope to see him back in the saddle and playing head games with the competition as only he knows how!!! 

Side note #2 - Referring to my write up about Ore2Shore I now have the name of the Farm Team racer; Scott Chambers, and the Voodoo Cycles racer; Rick Doornbos!!  Thanks guys once again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment