Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mountain View, Ontario Cup #4................



(The new leaders jersey matched my bike!!)

Hard to believe that I am actually home on a Sat.!!  It's been 3 weekends in a row of camping/ riding/racing and I must say it feels good to be home. 

Last weekend was O-Cup #4 in Midland, Ontario.  The venue was at Mountain View.  The course's opening climb up the ski hill (only to be done on the first lap) got the blood in the legs pumping.  The course also had some longer singletrack/switch back climbs that were challenging and fun.  I pre-rode the course on Fri. night (included 2 wipeouts and my first scratch on the top tube of my frame!) and again one more time on Sat.  It was a bit tacky, fast and flowing.  No more rain and the trails would be perfect for the tires I was hoping to race on, GEAX Barro Race.  Fingers crossed!!  
Jay and I pulled the tent out and called that our home for the weekend.  The rain came in Sat. night around midnight and it rained off and on all night till' later in the morning Sunday.  A tire change would be in need. 
Race went off 'sans' problem.  After lap 1 I was still trying to find my flow and feel.  I was sitting in around 8th.  The course had sections of 'muck', ruts, and some slick ridin'.  Many wipeouts, tap downs, runs, and lots of bruising on my legs!  I made some passes and by the time I crossed the finish line I came in 5th.  It was not my best or smoothest race but I was steady and consistent.
So here I am with a few weeks off before my next O-Cup race.  I hope to fill in the void with some races a bit closer to home and perhaps venture a bit further into Wisconsin, for WORS.

Cheers,

Sue

1 comment:

  1. You should definitely race at Ciociaro with the slicks on. The ultimate in head-games.

    ReplyDelete