Monday, May 31, 2010

Suck it up buttercup.......................

This past weekend was the Canada Cup/Ontario Cup #3 at Hardwood Hills in Barrie.  Being that I had ridin' there last weekend I felt confident in the course and was ready to giver'.......... or so I thought. 
Jay and 3 of the 4 kids went up on Friday, set up camp and then I headed over to the venue to put in 1 lap.  Things felt good and I was soooo pumped about the course!!  I just chilled on Sat. as Jay and Paiten went riding.
Fast forward to Sunday.......................
I woke up with some nerves (normal) and an upset stomach (not normal).  I ate breakfast and headed over to Hardwood around 10:00 am for my 11:30 am start.  My warmup was uneventful, my legs ready only for steady state and my heart rate higher than normal.  No zip...............hmmmmmm!!  The Elite Women had 30 racers!!  Canada was represented from coast to coast.  The opening climb was very dusty and at times I found it hard to see the ladies around me!!  Lap one went by and I was not feeling well, 'brought up' some fluids, no recovery in the legs, used the single track to recover from the climbs, what happened to my pre-ride pace let alone race pace and flow??  I lost a few spots from start to end and never regained them.  On the bright side, I did suck it up and finish!!  I came across the line in 14th.  No need to say any more, it is what it is!!

Cheers,

Sue     

(pictures to follow)

No comments:

Post a Comment