Tuesday, January 1, 2013

WINTER: Some go "fat", I go "skinny".........

Recapping the end of 2012:




My 4 kids and I participated in a bike video that promotes safety and fun on a bike!  Such a cool picture of my youngest son and I!

Left to right:
Spending some quality time with my gurlz!! :)  Santa came regardless of kids being naughty or nice!  Fun in the snow!  Decked out for the holidays!

The first snow fall.  A view from the back porch!

Winter hike in the back bush!


Happy New Year!  I had already been out for a hike earlier in the morning but the afternoon sun and blue skies were calling me to get out on my bike.  I put on my new socks from Erin, guaranteed to keep my toes warm, collected my layers and put the buds in my ears.  Regardless of the drifts and the deep snow, the goal for my ride was to avoid pavement!  We are fortunate that at the end of our property we back onto the rail trail!  Unlike many who turn to their "fat" bikes for the winter, I don't have the option, so I opted for "skinny" cross tires on my bike.  Always up for a challenge, I began to pedal through the snow in our back yard and across the pasture.  Soon into the first bush, than through open field where the tracks from my sons four wheeler made every pedal stroke a bit tougher!  I got out onto the rail trail, I kept a steady rhythm and managed to stay upright the entire time.  I had so much fun and felt great.  Once again bike therapy; where my mind can wander, my body feels good and I feel free!!

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year and cheers to 2013, to the many new rides and adventures that lie ahead!!

Cheers,
Sue



No comments:

Post a Comment