Monday, May 27, 2013

Magic Number 5..........

5th month, 5th race, 5 bottles, 5 Hammer Gels, 5 laps, 50 miles, 5th win!
After 4 weeks of good training, I will take the 5th week off for recovery!  :)  It is perfect timing for a week off after the Stony Creek Marathon yesterday!  The weather was perfect, the trails were in great shape and surprisingly after my hard block of training my legs felt pretty strong!  Right from the start I settled into a nice pace and after 50 miles, I came across the finish line in 1st!    

(Photo credit: Scott Kroske)

(Left to right - Melanie Bernier (Reynold Cycle), Wendy Zamzow-Blumerick (Mom and Pop Racing), Me (G.R.I.T. MTB/Domino's), Erin Disterheft (Wenzel Coaching), Amanda Ryan (Einstein Racing)

Cheers,
Sue


Archives..... 

When I see the trees I tried to squeeze between, I will forever be reminded..... that's not the line to take!!

The aftermath of my crash at Stony Creek Marathon 2009!
Just below my nose was a deep cut that opened like a flap when I moved my mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment